Well it’s the first week of the semester and I am already super busy. I started my new job at a bakery this week as well and that has been quite the learning process… Anyway so basically I didn’t get through all the books that I wanted to get through, Kim (my roommate) and I spent a lot of time lounging around and getting addicted to new shows, like LA Ink haha. Love love love Kat von D and tattoos! Minus the fact that she’s now apparently seeing Jesse James…
Anyway back to the books. So here’s what I did make it through:
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Great Gatsby
- The Hunger Games (a-ma-zing, I need to get the second one asap)
- Commencement (also super good, I want her to write a sequel!)
- Dead to the World
- Dead as a Doornail
- Part of Wuthering Heights
Yeah so Wuthering Heights is pretty bizarre, which I’ve never heard before. Everyone just says that it’s an amazing classic blah blah blah… Anyway I need to finish it even if I don’t totally enjoy it yet. We also just started reading Frankenstein in my Women’s Lit class, and so far that isn’t super interesting either.
So my Advanced Reporting teacher is pretty crazy and fun… Just picture a guy who taught journalism at Ole Miss for the past 20 years and has 70% hearing loss. We get to class Monday night, and right away we have a news quiz. A few of the questions I didn’t know, but other ones that people should know, I was the only person in the class who knew. After testing Dani (my other roommate) and Kim, they thought it would be a good idea to post this for others to try, and maybe I’ll post them each week. No cheating by looking up the answers online! At least until you try the whole quiz once.
- The National Association of Realtors just released the home sales figures from July. How did they change?
- Who is Rahm Emmanuel?
- Who is the chairman of the Federal Reserve?
- China just became the second largest economy in the world (after the US). What country is now number three?
- How many American soldiers died in the War on Iraq?
- How many Iraqis died in the War on Iraq?
- What state just passed a controversial immigration law?
- Haha because this is Loyola: Who is the president of Loyola University Chicago?
- And because this is a Catholic school: What country is the current Pope, Benedict XVI, from?
- What big election is coming up this fall?
Time for me to work on some homework, woo hoo! I do commit to posting at least once a week during the school year, so hold me to it. And maybe I’ll even share some of my new found knowledge from class.